Liquid Nitrogen Cocktail Nearly Kills Girl - Bar And Employees Prosecuted

liquidnitrogenimage.jpg

If you’ve ever considered using liquid nitrogen to add a little extra pizazz to your cocktails, you may want to think again.

According to the Lancashire Evening Post, an 18-year-old girl, Gaby Scanlon, nearly died after drinking a liquid nitrogen cocktail. She was celebrating her birthday with friends in Lancashire, UK in October 2012 at a Oscar’s Wine Bar.

CT scans revealed a large perforation where the liquid nitrogen had burned a hole in her stomach and completely destroyed the lining, reported the Lancashire Evening Post.

Doctors performed a four-hour emergency operation to remove her stomach and connected her oesophagus directly to her small intestine.

The owners of the bar, one of its directors and an employee are all named in the lawsuit that will begin in Lancaster Magistrates’ Court on February 9 2015.

Scott Says...
I personally have no experience using liquid nitrogen  and I know nothing about this technique of “lacing” a shot with it.

Questions I’d like to ask you:
1) Have you ever made a drink using liquid nitrogen?
2) If so, how do you do it safely?
3) What is “lacing”?
4) Have you ever consumed a drink that used liquid nitrogen?

Scott Young -
Author of The Ultimate Guide For Working Bartenders

Founder of
www.MixedDrinkRecipes.Net  ( New - 17,000 Free Recipes )

www.ExtremeBartending.Com
( We Fly To Your Bar To Train Your Staff, 20 Years, Creator of 25 Bar Tender DVD's )

www.TheBartendingMasters.Com