Are you for or against this?
I want to know what you think and why.
This may not be as simple a question as it seems.
Before you answer,
consider these factors and the concept of different approaches working in different situations.
The country you work in, i.e. laws differ, cultures differ
- city, small town, resort, cruise ship
- Type of bar job- Nightclub, pub, 5 star restaurant, beer joint on the beach etc.
Or, is it a totally black & white issue?...
Questions to you…
- Is is actually illegal for bartenders to drink while working where you live?
Or is a it a by-law in some places or what?
- What are the legal consequences of drinking on shift? Give examples.
- Is it regularly enforced?
- Are you for or against drinking on shift?
- Under what circumstances?
- What are the Pro's and Con's?
- Have you ever had a drink or drinks while on a bar shift?
- Good or bad stories to share?
- What country & city are you in?
- If you were to allow this...
What control measure would you use to stop the bartenders from over indulging and becoming intoxicated? ( Thanks to Uber pro manager Anthony Smith BSc. for this question )
Thanks to Nina Young - Resourcing Director @ Fluid Fusion - drinks recruitment & jobs. www.fluidfusionexec.com and the Spirits Business for this great question.
Post Your Comments Below
Like Netflix... Hundreds Of Training Programs For The Hospitality Industry